Sunday, February 20, 2005

Bad Day

Yesterday i had an awful day. I went to my campus lab at 8 AM and downloaded MySQL 4.1.10 and it took me three hour to finish the download, since it was so crowded and many students also download so many programs and browsing to many web sites. Luckily, i use Internet Download Manager that boost up my download speed rate. After that, i had a training for a database class at 12 PM and then continued by helping my friend to watch a test for digital class.

In the evening, i tried to upgrade my MySQL 4.0.24 into MySQL 4.1.10 and got stuck on the authentication problem. phpMyAdmin was unable to load, every web application stucked and won't even connect to database. Unfortunately, i couldn't fix it because i was out of time, since i have to go to my girlfriend's house and we went somewhere to have a date. When i want to go home, i had a flat tire and i have to fix it for a moment. It took me about 15 minutes, since it was quite dark and i had to do it alone.

The good news was i was able to fix my MySQL installation by looking at MySQL's support page. Now i'm running the latest MySQL database version, 4.1.10. It's worth to upgrade, but please backup your database and be prepared for the worst scenario like i did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment