Saturday, April 29, 2006

Recompile Again

Today i recompiled another kernel release, kernel 2.6.16.11, the latest one for now (it may have changed because the -stable team are very fast on their work so new releases can be out in just a matter of few hours, not like the main Linus development tree which usually release another version after 2-3 weeks of big testings). I also upgrade my system to the latest -current development in Slackware. The compilation process doesn't take that long, since i left it to reread Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, the author of The Da Vinci Code, a novel which was controversial and debatted by many people around the world. I also made a phone call with my girlfriend, so it didn't make me bored of waiting for the compilation process. After making some slightly changes in lilo.conf, i reboot my system and start testing the new kernel and it worked great. No problems arose after the kernel upgrade, but still my KDM won't work if i directly boot to graphical mode. I had to boot to text mode first and then execute startx to start graphical mode. Kindda sloppy but it worked for me. Let's just leave it like that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment