New NVidia driver for GNU/Linux and UNIX platform has been released. It's quite amazing for me, since the update to the last release was over than six months and this release was less than 2 months (i think). Most of the changes in this version are bugfixes and also support for new cards. I hope that this version will be compatible with the latest Xorg package X11R7.1 which has just been released today and also the upcoming 2.6.17 kernel.
Here are the release highlights for the new NVidia driver:
* Added support for QuadroFX 4500 X2, Quadro FX 5500, Quadro FX 3500, and Quadro FX 1500.
* Improved Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI support.
* Fixed video memory reporting with GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache.
* Fixed a problem with Overlay support when in TwinView.
* Fixed problems starting X with SLI Frame Rendering on nForce4 SLI Intel Edition.
* Fixed multiple issues with combinations of Stereo, SLI, FrameRendering and G-Sync.
* Fixed several issues with mode selection for CRTs and DFPs.
* Fixed a corruption problem with Rotation and large desktops on older GPUs, including GeForce4 MX.
* Fixed a system crash starting X with TwinView on certain GPUs.
* Addressed an NV-CONTROL compatibility issue; please see the Known Issues section of the README for details.
Download NVidia Driver