Friday, May 11, 2007

Wrong Shipment Address

PermataBank usually sends their offering and also account transaction history via a monthly newsletter. Usually it was sent to my office, since my friend also used my office as the shipping address, so they could send it in one drop, but since i have moved back to Jogja, this become a problem. My ex-colleague sent me an offline YM message saying that the newsletter came into the office today and what should she do with it. Yesterday i have issued a complaint (it supposed to be a request) to Permata to change the shipment address to my current address in Jogja, but i still hadn't got any response up to know, so i send an email address to the email address shown on their site. I hope they will respond it on Monday and process it ASAP, so my next newsletter will come to the right place mrgreen