Saturday, April 11, 2009

Upgrading My Slack

After finishing my emails and many other things, i finally had a chance to upgrade my Slackware machine to sync with the latest update happening on -Current tree (development branch of Slackware which will be the next Slackware release). It's a big update with lots of new applications, including kernel and KDE. The kernel stock gets upgraded to use 2.6.29.x series and the latest KDE release has been included on this batch. More updates will follow, but i guess today's update was quite big enough.

I'm staying with 2.6.28.x kernel for now as NVidia hasn't released a new update for their legacy drivers, so i wouldn't haste to upgrade my kernel stock as well. Let's just wait for some time before they release a new version of their legacy drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment