Friday, September 20, 2013

Faulty Updates

Few days ago, i installed updates from Microsoft and it was fine after rebooting for the last time (and switched back to Slackware). Today, i tried to log in to Windows to perform an upgrade to my iPad to iOS 7 and noticed a reboot. I tried to log in to Windows again and it happened again. I tried to use safe mode, but it all failed. I guess the update is the culprit. This system has been installed on my desktop for almost 5 years without being reinstalled. I followed Microsoft's update monthly. I guess it's time to say good bye.

I have just finished installing Windows 7 on this machine and right now, i'm still installing all the applications and also patches from Microsoft since Windows 7 SP 1 was released. It's also a good time to start with a new operating system after a while.

OK, time to restart Windows (as always) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment