For a long time, i have been searching for application that can be used to edit PDF files that really works. I know that LibreOffice also has this feature, but it's not really functioning well on some documents.
When browsing the web today, i found a nice application called Master PDF Editor that could be used to create, edit, preview, encrypt, sign and print XPS and interactive PDF documents. It's quite magnificent and it's free for use in Linux for non-commercial use.
Here are the list of features:
• Create new PDF and XPS files or edit existing ones.
• Add and/or edit bookmarks in PDF files.
• Encrypt and/or protect PDF files using 128 bit encryption.
• Convert XPS files into PDF.
• Add PDF controls (like buttons, checkboxes, lists, etc.) into your PDFs.
• Import/export PDF pages into common graphical formats including BMP, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
Since this is a binary repackaging only, it's not that hard to make a build script for this and i have submitted a SlackBuild script for this package and hopefully it will be included in the next batch of update and it will be available in SBo project under office category.
x32 version - requirements: Qt 4.6.2 or later
x64 version - requirements: Qt 4.8.1 or later