First, let's talk about Proxmox. The new release is a big one and it was announced here. There are several big changes on this release, including:
- Firewall support (new package pve-firewall)
- Two-Factor Authentication (Yubico and OATH)
- noVNC console (use HTML5)
- new Proxmox VE Mobile, GUI for mobile devices
- ZFS Storage support
- Updated to Qemu 2.1.0
- pve-kernel-2.6.32-32-pve: 2.6.32-136
- pve-kernel-3.10.0-4-pve: 3.10.0-17
- based on Debian Wheezy 7.6
FFmpeg 2.4 includes the following library versions:
• libavutil 54.7.100
• libavcodec 56.1.100
• libavformat 56.4.101
• libavdevice 56.0.100
• libavfilter 5.1.100
• libswscale 3.0.100
• libswresample 1.1.100
• libpostproc 53.0.100
Important API changes since 2.3:
• The new field mime_type was added to AVProbeData, which can
cause crashes, if it is not initialized.
• Some deprecated functions were removed.
• The avfilter_graph_parse function was made compatible with Libav.
• The Matroska demuxer now outputs verbatim ASS packets.
Last, but not least, is enlightenment 0.19.0. Mike Blumenkrantz has announced on the mailing list and this release brings huge updates, including:
* greatly improved wayland support
- E_WL_FORCE environment variable for forcing output types
* e_uuid_store: Add infrastructure to store window/surface properties.
* Add a tiling profile.
* per-screen desklock logo visibility config
* Tiling: Merge the tiling module rework..
* check udisks1 DevicePresentationHide flag
* ACTIVATE_EXCLUDE window active hint policy
* show video resolution in filepreview widget
* add fileman option to clamp video size for video previews
* handle xrandr backlight using a single, accurate handler
* blanking options for wakeup on events (urgent + notify)
* packagekit module for package manager integration
* ibar now optionaly triggers its menu on mouse in
* selective redirection toggling
* new focus option "raise on revert focus"
* add PIN-style desklock for lokker module
* make desklock hookable, break out current desklock into module, move pam stuff to separate file
* revive personal desklock passwords
* allow moveresize visuals to be replaced
* allow desk flip animations to be handled completely externally
* E16-style live pager returns!
* comp config is no longer a module
* E_FIRST_FRAME env variable
* new compositor API
* add E_MODULE_SRC_PATH for setting current module src path without needing to install modules
* use non-recursive makefiles for entire build system