Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Hesitate to Change

I have been asking my students to submit their assignments using OpenDocument Formats, which is being used by OpenOffice.org and many other office suite applications. Most of them are used with Microsoft Office 2003/2007, so they made the assignment on MSO and then open the file in OOo and save it as .ODT extension. I'm wondering, why on earth do they have to do that? OOo can handle document creation like MSO and best of all, it's free. Geezz....

I made my final project for my undergraduate program using OOo 1.1.x, and for my thesis, i did it using OOo 3.x and nothing wrong with my papers. I believe many of you have done the same thing with your job. OOo can handle most of our needs. It's just the students who hesitate to change/migrate to OOo. Too bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment