Friday, November 04, 2011

More Attempts on Linux Kernel 3.1

I'm still trying to compile Linux Kernel 3.1 on my workstation after several attempts had failed in the last few days. I'm still curious why on earth the new Kernel won't work on this machine and the last version of the working kernel is 2.6.39.x series.

I even used the configuration i have on my desktop at home and used it as my reference to build the kernel on my workstation but it keeps failing. I suspect there has been a default value changes in the new kernel that caused it to behave strangely. I copied the configuration used in ArchLinux, but still no luck Tears

My next attempt is to compare the configuration i have with the previous working configuration. I'm trying to match the configuration, but let's see how it goes later on Goodluck

No comments:

Post a Comment