Saturday, October 21, 2006

Linux Forum Spammed

Today, i looked at Indonesian Linux Forum and i was surprised that it got spammed by bots. When i looked at new post after my last visit, i got more than 1600 new posts and most of them were made by bots. Since i don't have admin privileges (only moderators), i will have to delete each post (sigh...)

I hope the admin saw my post and delete all the accounts before they start spamming again



Update (3:57 PM)
I have removed most of the spams (about 900 posts) before Ronny Haryanto, Site Admin of Indonesian Linux Forum and also Planet Terasi removed the rest of them and put some ban rule on them. Thanks to Him, Indonesian Linux Forum is clean again :)

3 comments:

  1. I think there's a form in the administration control panel to remove the user and their post also (which i think is quicker).

    I had no problem at all.

    Thanks for the quick response also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:43 PM

    So, is it the phpBB? Why not migrating to punBB? I think punBB can accomodate the forums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's phpBB and the reason why not migrating? I can't give an answer for that since i'm not the owner

    But now, we have solve the problem by using CAPTCHA and the spammers are gone now :D

    ReplyDelete