Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mandriva Collapsed?

Mandriva, a french-based Linux distribution vendor is now looking for buyers after having financial crisis (in French). There are two potential buyers for now and i am hoping that they would find a good solution to Mandriva.

I used to use Mandriva since my early meeting with Linux around 2002. I installed Mandrake at that time and i continued to follow the distribution until 2005. I even contribute to the Indonesian translations and i got a Mandriva Power Pack VIP access at that time. I switched to Slackware since 2005 up to now, and since then, i have never used Mandriva again, even though i believe it is still a good Linux distribution.

Well, good luck for Mandriva Gym

1 comment:

  1. Mandriva, this my first distro when I was meet linux

    ReplyDelete