Saturday, December 31, 2005

Trying Gaim 2.0beta1

I'm very eager about Gaim 2.0beta1 and finally i decided to give it a try. You can see my screenshot below, but as far as i see, this beta version has a lot to do before the final version comes out. The main GUI for YM is somehow misserable and it is overloading other parts of the window (mostly on the status window.

I asked my friend to send me a file and it receives the file without any confirmation first, which is bad from security points of view. I don't even know where the file is saved after the file transfer is finished. It looks like this :
(11:47:24) Offering to send FAQ_EN.rtf to willy2804
(11:47:24) Transfer of file FAQ_EN.rtf complete


The main options window is now better, just like Mozilla's UI and it's more comfortable to see. All the plugins window has been separated from the options window.

I can't wait until the final version comes, but as for now, just enjoy 2.0beta1.

Here are my screenshot:

No comments:

Post a Comment