Monday, August 13, 2012

FileZilla No Longer Updated Frequently

For the past few weeks, i have been following FileZilla, an Open Source project which aim to provide a free FTP solution. I am the maintainer of this package in SBo project and i noticed that it doesn't get too much update lately.

Their latest release for the client side was in January and for the server side was in February this year. Their last changeset in the SVN repository was last July. I don't know what happened with  this project. Was it abandoned or was it already considered mature so that no more changes are required to be implemented on this project?

I like FileZilla since it's multiplatform and it suited my need for a client-side FTP application. It has a nice site manager which basically manage my site i maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment