Credit goes to FreakGeeks
Here are the requirements for rooting Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V:
- The phone with unlocked bootloader and it should not be locked to any other network too.
- A computer with Windows operating system.
- Complete back of all the data on the phone including contacts, call logs, text messages, MMS settings and other important files.
- The battery should be about 70% full.
- It is recommended to uninstall any kinds of security programs or antivirus software so that the rooting process remains unhindered.
- Android SDK is downloaded and installed in the computer.
- Installation of the Android USB drivers for Xperia Neo V and fastboot is to done on the computer.
- The recovery image and the rooting files for Xperia Neo V are downloaded and kept.
Process for rooting the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V phone:
- Start by installing the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) in the computer.
- Now you need to download the USB drivers and the fastboot archive and save the folders on your computer. There will be two folders.
- Go to the folder where the fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar is extracted. All the files inside the fastboot folder are copied. Now go to the Android SDK installation folder and open the “Tools” folder inside it. Paste all the copied files there.
- Also copy the recoveryNeo.img to the same “Tools” folder.
- Copy RootXperia.zip and paste it to the root of the phone’s SD card.
- After these, turn the phone off.
- The phone is then to be put in fastboot mode. For doing that, you need to connect your phone to your computer with the help of a USB cable. While you connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable, press the Menu key.
- A command prompt is launched on the computer.
- Change the directory to the place where the adb.exe and fastboot.exe are located. They are usually in the “Platform-Tools” folder or the “Tools” folder in the SDK folder.
- In the command prompt, put the following commands:
- Fastboot devices
- Fastboot boot recoveryNeo.img
- Fastboot reboot
- The device will automatically reboot into the Recovery Mode after the last command is entered.
- While in the Recovery Mode, select “install zip from SD card” and then choose “RootXperia.zip”. Select by using the Power button. It takes some time for the installation to get over.
- Rebooting the phone completes the rooting process.