If the MODs has a new version or you would like to remove the MODs, then here comes another nightmare. You will have to manually edit the files changed and delete the unnecessary files. Is there any tool to help you create installation package for MODs?
The answer is there is. It's called UMIL (Unified MOD Install Library). Here's the snippet from the main website:
This utility enables MOD Authors to create simple installation scripts for their MOD that allow the user to install, update, or uninstall a modification quickly. Released under the GNU GPL license, UMIL is included within MOD Packages to make MOD Installations simple and automatic.What are the features of UMIL?
- Add, update, or remove configs
- Add or remove modules
- Add or remove permissions
- Set or unset permission options from roles and groups
- Add or remove database tables
- Add, update, or remove table columns
- Add or remove table keys/indexes
- Purge / Refresh Caches