Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Strange Firefox

I have successfully upgraded my Firefox on my desktop and workstation at my house and my office, but the strange thing is that i couldn't upgrade my Firefox on my laptop. I have tried to use Automatic Updates and Offline installation, but both failed. The upgrade process is working, as i saw the installation process, but when the browser is re-launched, it gives me nothing. Not a single window. But the strange thing is that the PID is active, meaning that there is a process running.

I have tried to run it on safe mode, removing .mozilla directory and many other solution i found on the Internet, but no luck. Running from terminal also gives me nothing. Not a single error message at wits end

Any ideas ??

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Same here buddy. I cannot upgrade my firefox via automatic update on my laptop. Could it be a bug on firefox?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure yet, but i have posted a bug report on Firefox's BugZilla

    Are you using Windows/Linux?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:32 AM

    Oh, I'm using windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm using Linux here and it's solved now :)

    ReplyDelete