Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Google Earth 6

I didn't read any news about Google Earth 6 being released, but this morning, i accidentally visited Google Earth's website and downloaded the latest version Google Earth 6. I tried to install it on my old laptop running Ubuntu 10.10, but it failed.

I decided to build the .deb package using another package which was meant to build Google Earth. Unfortunately, even after i build the package, it would still failed. Luckily the solution is already in Launchpad. Another Ubuntu users responded and the solution is to install lsb-core first and then it would be fine. It took less than 24 hours to get the solutions Applause

I haven't tried the solution yet, since Ubuntu is not my primary operating system. I only boot to Ubuntu when i have some spare time to play with old laptop. My primary operating system is Slackware Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment