Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Updating Fedora

It's been a while since i updated my Fedora on my old laptop. Today, there was someone who asked about configuring Fedora for UKDW Repository since he tried the method i wrote, but it didn't work, so i give it a try on my laptop which is running Fedora. In fact, i modified the information a little bit and it worked.

As always, reading the official documentation really helps Goodluck

Update (19 May 2011): Fedora repository in UKDW Server is now removed due to Fedora's mechanism on Repository usage. Not every public mirror can be used by users unless they have signed for an official repository and the public URL is added into their metalink file for the list of repositories. This is not the case for UKDW's Fedora repository, so i decided to delete the repository.

4 comments:

  1. I thought you only used Slackware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. Fedora is like a play testing field, not for daily usage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owh... how many distro you're playing with?

    1. Slackware
    2. Fedora
    3. Ubuntu
    ....

    :-)
    That's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lot, but i only use Slackware for my daily activities

    Ubuntu is only in virtual machine, but i'm done with Ubuntu 11.04. Probably wait for 11.10 :)

    Fedora is only on my old laptop

    ReplyDelete