Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Speedy Down (Again)

This morning (around 10 AM), i got a phone call from Yahya, asking whether my Speedy connection was down or not, since he couldn't connect to Speedy. I couldn't answer that, since i had to replace my colleague at 8 AM (he had to attend a meeting in Jakarta), so i went to campus at 7.30 AM. At morning, i woke up at 5.30 AM and i still saw my download was progressing, so i thought i had no problem at all, so i asked him to call 147. Few minutes later, he sent me an SMS message saying that Speedy in Jogja did have a problem.

After finishing my work at the campus, i went back to my house and i saw my modem's LED turned to RED, meaning there was a problem. So i turned off my computer and waited until the connection has been restored. At around 4 PM, i went back to campus to teach my class again and when i arrived at home at around 7 PM, i turned on my modem and voila.... i can connect to my Speedy again love struck

The strange thing is that when i was in the campus, i can browse using the same ISP (Telkom), but with different name, AstiNet (which i thought for corporate users). I thought they share the same system, but unfortunately, i was wrong.

3 comments:

  1. * yeah i heard so many times about speedy.. but not only speedy, fastnet also down. hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it? I never heard complaints about fastnet so far

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Willy, I have some sort of that problem too. But that's not all, in my connection there is some irregularities as well. I have put the report with screen capture in my blog www.0penmind3d.blogspot.com. The prob not permanently fixed yet. This kind pf problem is new to me. It was reliable up until yesterday.

    ReplyDelete