Tuesday, October 05, 2004

XP SP2: Few Minor Problems

Yesterday, i received my Windows XP SP 2 cd which i ordered from Microsoft a few weeks ago. In that moment i have two feeling, happy and nervous. Happy because finally the cd has come after a long wait, but i got nervous too, because what will happen with my computer if i install this update into my computer? Why would i so nervous? Because i heard so many reviews and articles on the Internet saying that SP 2 made many application not functioning or not compatible, so you may have to update your application in order to get it back to normal. Until this noon, i decided not to install SP 2.

After a nap, i boot up my computer and decided to install SP 2 on my computer. It says that the process will be up to 2 hours, but in my case, it only result in half an hour (maybe Microsoft's prediction was based on the minimal computer specification). I was so nervous that time, but those feeling finally disappear after i restarted my computer and got my Windows XP back to normal. There are 2 application that i should upgrade, which was StyleXP and Nero, but it is not a big problem to me. I'm thinking about the whole system, since my task is inside this system and i need it for my study right now.

Before you install your SP 2, please check your software compatibility on Microsoft website and also visit SP 2 Installation Note for additional information about SP 2. Please take your time to browse those site, because the SP 2 installation can give you big updates or it can give you big troubles. Read it carefully and decide wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment