After following the development of OpenOffice 1.1.x, last night, i finally decided to remove OOo 1.1.5 from my laptop and start using OpenOffice.org 2.0.3. One of my reason is that OOo 2.0.3 is stable enough and it has more features than the previous 1.1.x version since it has a major updates, mostly on OpenDocument supports, higher compatibility with Microsoft Office's files and many many things else. So last night, i compiled the latest kernel (up until yesterday, since today i saw another -stable release), which was 184.108.40.206 (and the latest right is 220.127.116.11) and also upgrading the OpenOffice.org from 2.0.2 into 2.0.3 by converting RPM files to tgz files first using rpm2tgz and then uninstalling the previous OOo (using pkgtool) and the last step is by installing the new packages using installpkg command.
There was one glitch that i found when i tried to save a new file in OOo 2.0.x (actually it may be caused by installing RC version back when OOo 2.x was on testing phase and it still refers to the old OOo settings). It always displays an error message which said that OOo couldn't find a file in OOo 1.1.4 directory (some kind of WebWizard templates) but i used OOo 1.1.5 right now. I tried to remove the directory in /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.4, but no luck. It always displays a similar messages and it will make those directory again So i finally decided to make a backup of my .openoffice.org2 directory (which contains all the settings for my OpenOffice.org 2.0.x), removing the old OpenOffice.org installation (useless OpenOffice.org1.1.4 and OpenOffice.org1.1.5 installation) and then start the program once again. It will start like a new installation, where i should put my name and initials and then it will create a new configuration directory. Next, i tried to save a new file and the error messages didn't appear again. Yipeee..... problem solved. Now i only have one working installation of OpenOffice.org 2.0.x.