* Real-time Update (RTU). See changes immediately when someone edits the spreadsheet you are now opening.
* Remote data update. Periodically updates online spreadsheets by retrieving live financial data on the web (includes stockquote and forex).
* Full keyboard navigation for the advanced spreadsheet users.
* 500+ functions: SUM(), STDEV(), COUNTIF(), VLOOKUP(), ... some EditGrid unique functions are coming soon!
* Advanced Data Formatting: date, time, currency, scientific, ... and even custom format strings!
* Import and export in common file formats (MS Excel, CSV, HTML, Gnumeric, Lotus 1-2-3, OpenOffice, ...).
* Excellent permalinks link to your online spreadsheets easily.
* Comprehensive access control. Share to user, share with password, share to everyone, you control!
* Cross-browser. Fully supports Internet Explorer 6.0+, as well as Mozilla FireFox and all other Gecko-based Browsers.
* Post to Blog. Want to share your data on your blog? EditGrid offers a way.
* API. Want to make use of EditGrid in your application? The ball is in your court.
You can view the comparison between EditGrid Vs Google Spreadsheet (it's also a demo for the application itself and it's not only EditGrid Vs Google, but also MS Excell 2003 and WikiCalc).
They do have a future planning about features that will be implemented and also a release schedule. Nice application, since we can know when will certain features be available.