Thursday, December 16, 2004

PHP 4 and 5

Today (or i should say yesterday), PHP has released another stable version for their PHP version 4 (4.3.10) and 5 (5.0.3). I have downloaded it today at my lab and successfully installed it at my computer (both Windows and Linux). In Windows, i have to uninstall the previous version and install the newer one, but in Linux, i don't have to do that, since i only have to compile and build a new version that will automatically overwrite the previous version.

Unfortunately, i can't install XSLT module just like the previous version. I have found the perfect parameters to install a XSLT modules, but when it comes to compile time, it stucks with an unreferenced variables or so. So i reconfigure it and delete the line with '--enable-xslt' '--with-iconv-dir' and '--with-sablot-dir'. I don't know what's wrong with this. If i use the older RPM version, the XSLT modules can be activated perfectly, since i only have to install php-xslt packes. I am hoping that there are somebody out there can help solve this problem for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment