Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fixing PHP Threads

Today, i upgraded my PHP application on my laptop to the latest version, PHP 5.2.3 and when i ran several test on my local web site, i found an error, which has to do with threads. It output an error message : "Error in my_thread_global_end() : 2 threads didn't exit". I checked other page, and it wasn't displayed, so i guess it's only specific to some certain of the program, so i debug the program, but i couldn't find any defect on it, so i checked Google, and i found similar problem at MySQL's Forum and also the solution. It's still unsure which side make the code broken, but at least we have the solution, which is replacing the libmysql.dll file from 5.2.3 with the same file from 5.2.1 version. As soon as you replace the file, the error will gone. I had to re-download the file again as i have deleted it from my local hard disk. I have tried to use 5.2.2, but the problem persists, so you should use 5.2.1 in order to have full fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment