Monday, June 18, 2007

Good Bye....

Since i no longer use Citranet again for my ISP, my email account there was also not available anymore. I didn't reload the voucher and after one month, my account was deleted including my email account, so you will not be able to send an email message again to It's not available again. I tried to send a test email from my GMail account and here's what i got:

Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)

This email was once my primary email since i used Citranet, but when GMail arrives, i switched to GMail since it has bigger quota and also free. Other important reason is ISP independence. When i'm using GMail, i could use any ISP to retrieve and send my emails, but if i use the email account from my ISP, i would have to use that ISP to send an email (well, i could find an open relay SMTP Server, but it's better to stick with the ISP).

Lately, this email account was filled with spams, so most of the time, i checked my account and delete the spams and if somebody has send me an email there, i would reply them and asked them to reply to my GMail account in the future. But since it's gone now, i don't think i can do that anymore.

I guess i have to make sure that this account is not used anymore on most of the services i used on the Internet or i will have problems in the future just because it couldn't find the email address.

So long....