- Studious – Whether they are reading books or observing others, successful professionals are always learning.
- Flexible - Remember, the business you are in will constantly evolve. Likewise, you must evolve with it in order to obtain and maintain success.
- Ambitious – No one gets to the top by slacking off and procrastinating. You need to seize every opportunity you have to reach the top… short of trampling others along the way.
- Charismatic – There are very few careers in this world that don't require you to interact with other people. You need to be charismatic, personable and always networking.
- Analytical – No matter what type of business you are in, an ability to analyze data and figures is always a huge bonus.
- Focused – The successful businessperson sets goals and focuses on how to obtain them. This helps a person to navigate through any obstacles or setbacks.
- Outgoing – Networking is an art that requires the skills of an extrovert. Don't give up on developing this trait if you are currently an introvert, as you can certainly change that.
- Tech-Savvy – No, you don't have to be a code monkey to become a success in business. It doesn't hurt, but you really only have to be more tech-savvy than the average Joe.
- Courageous – It isn't easy to stick one's neck out every day to obtain success. The business world is not for the faint of heart.
- Accountable – Are you responsible with your time and your work? Being punctual with deadlines, as well as adhering to any other commitments, goes a long way with business connections.
Heather Johnson is a freelance business, finance and economics writer, as well as a regular contributor at Business Credit Cards, a site for business credit card and best business credit card offers. Heather welcomes comments and freelancing job inquiries at her email address firstname.lastname@example.org.