Those who needs a PDF converter (which converts your doc or xls files into PDF format), you can try this product: doPDF. It's a free application and it works well and well integrated with Microsoft Office products. You don't need this kind of application if you used OpenOffice.org, since it has built in features to produce PDF files. If you use Microsoft Office 2007, you will need to install third party plugin that let you have this feature. This product will install itself as virtual PDF printer driver and it will appear in your Printers and Faxes list, just like an ordinary printer. In the official site, they have a Youtube video showing how to make a PDF file from Microsoft Office 2003.
Here are the main features of the product (Taken from the website):
- No Ghostscript - doesn’t require 3rd party programs to do PDF files
- Customizable resolution - choose any resolution from 72 to 2400 dpi
- Predefined/custom page sizes - choose a default page size (Letter, Legal, A4, A5, A6, ...) or enter your own custom page size
- Searchable PDFs - you can search for text within the created PDF file (and search engines will also index the text from the PDF)
- Multi-language - 20 languages currently supported